To activate the MARIN software product using a floating license on a license server you need to:
- chose a Windows server to run the license server software on;
- request a certificate-based license file for your product to run on that server;
- install the FlexNET Publisher license server manager, including the MARIN specific license daemon, on your license server;
- import the license for your product with the license server manager.
First you need to chose a Windows server to run the license server software on. We tested the license server manager on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.The Marin License server works with IPv4 protocol.
Then you need to request a license file. This license is fixed to a hardware specific ID of your server. To provide this hardware ID you need to retrieve the host ID. Return the hostid.txt, the MARIN product name and version for which you need a license together with your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For installing and using the FlexNET license server see: Installing the license server.
After installing the FlexNET license server and importing the license file licenses are available to ‘float’ around the network.
If you received your MARIN software product on a DVD the FlexNET license server manager setup is included on the DVD.
To be able to use the floating license for the product on the PC's in the network you need to set the (optional) portnumber and the name of the FlexNET licensing service. Replace "HostnameOfYourLicenseServer" by the hostname of your license server.
Examples for finding the floating licenses:
Sequence for finding a license file
- When the MARINLMD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable has been set, then items in this environment variable are searched in order.
- When the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable has been set, then items in this environment variable are searched in order.
- When the FlexNET windows register key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager] MARINLMD_LICENSE_FILE has been set, then items in this key are searched in order