The frame viewer provides access and edit possibilities to detailed information of a frame. A frame is either a parameter, relation or constraint in the knowledge base. Basically, it consists of 7 segments.
The frame viewer window
- The Select Reference/Data radio buttons make it possible to switch between a reference mode and data mode. This will change the functionality of field 5.
- The Parameter Name field holds the name of the parameter currently selected
- The Calculation Status field shows the calculation status when selected in the Workbase (e.g. pending, determined etc.)
- The Dimension field shows the dimension of the parameter, which can be changed.
- The Contents field holds the reference or data, depending on the selection in field 1. In reference mode, a reference for the parameter can be assigned or changed. In data mode, it is the location to assign attributes to the parameter.
- The Value field provides information on the value of the parameter if the parameter is used in the selected solution in the Workbase.
- The Computed by field shows the relation by which the parameter was calculated.
When a parameter is selected
When a parameter is selected, it is shown in field 2. The parameter cannot be modified in field 2 (this can only be done in the Knowledge Browser). In fact, fields that can be modified are:
- the Reference (5);
- Dimension (4);
- The data (1).
All other fields are are to provide additional information which will also be shown in the Explanation window and therefore will not be discussed.
The radio buttons 1 make it possible to switch between a reference mode and data mode. This will change the functionality of fields 5, 6 and 7. At this stage we will not go into more detail about this functionality.
In field 4 the dimension of the parameter is presented (when no dimension is available a question mark will appear). This field can be used to modify the dimension of the parameter. While giving input, the Knowledge Browser will show the standard dimensions available in Quaestor. It is interesting to provide this information to the knowledge base making it possible for the modeller to carry out dimensional analysis for expressions built-up with given parameters. Please note that it is also possible to build-up dimensions from the presented standard dimensions.
When radio button 1 is in the reference mode, field 5 will show the reference of the parameter to provide information on a selected parameter. This information can be edited and is shown in the Knowledge Browser and Workbase.
When a relation is selected
When a relation/expression is selected, the relation is shown in fields 2. The only field that can be modified is field 6 below the -X- mark. It is the reference (description) of the relation/expression. By standard this reference is equal to the reference of the parameter on the left side of the equal sign of the relation/expression at the time you have created the relation. It is possible to modify this description.
When a constraint is selected
When a constraint is selected, fields 1 through 6 do not change (keep the information that is already shown). In field 7 the constraint is shown in a way comparable to field 6 for the relation/expression. This information cannot be edited (you can type but changes will not be taken into the knowledge base). Any required change to the constraint has to be made with the Expression editor. Below the break sign (indicated with -X-), the reference (description) of the constraint is presented (when available) and like for the realtion it can be modified.