The web pages displayed on the start page of Quaestor can be managed via xml files. This kind of file must have the name StartUrls.xml.
The structure of a such xml file is as follows:
- the general xml tags
- a list of pages to be displayed (the list is surrounded by the <items> tag and each page item is surrounded by the <StartUrlItem>)
- each page item contains a name (the <Name> tag) and the url address (the <Link> tag)
- an entry for the selected page (the <SelectedPage> tag)
A <Link> tag can contain the address of a local html page, stored on the disk. In this case, the address must start with file:/// and then the full path to the html page.
The StartUrls.xml file can be used on the Quaestor level and at the Quaestor's application level.
The StartUrls.xml file at Quaestor level
The StartUrls.xml file at application with Quaestor level
The StartUrls.xml can be used for any application built with Quaestor.
Place the file in the knowledgebase folder that is used for the application. For example, for the STAIMO application, the file should be placed in [..]\My_Knowledge\kbs\_STAIMO\
In case the web page is stored locally with the knowledge base folder, the following convention applies:
- The intended web page must be stored in the startpage folder of the knwoedge base folder (for example: [..]\My_Knowledge\kbs\_STAIMO\startpage
- The link provided in the StartUrls.xml must start with file:/// (the correct path will be computed by Quaestor at run time).
When starting the application (from the desktop icon or from the Quaaestor itself), Quaestor will load the StartUrls.xml files from all the application, than the ones for Quaestor itself and then set the focus to the one specified in the file corresponding to the application that is started.