To activate the MARIN software product using the MARIN license server you need to:
- request for a certificate-based license file for the specific hardware of the license server.
- install the FlexNET publisher license server including the MARIN specific license daemon.
First, you need to request a certificate-based license. To use certificate-based licensing only a license file is needed. This license is fixed to a specific hardware ID of your server. To provide this hardware ID you need to execute the following command in a DOS window:
Return the hostid.txt together with your request to: email@example.com
To use certificate-based floating licenses a license manager is required. This license manager comes in two parts; the FLEXnet publisher license server and the MARIN license daemon. The MARIN license daemon requires the FLEXnet publisher license server 11.9 or higher.
For installing and using the license server see: Installing the license server
After successfully installing the license server the licenses are available to ‘float’ around the network.
If you received your MARIN software product on a DVD the Marin License Manager is included on the DVD.
To be able to use the floating license for the product on the PC's in the network you need to set the (optional) portnumber and the name of the license server.
Examples for finding the floating licenses:
Sequence for finding a license file
- When the MARINLMD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable has been set, then items in this environment variable are searched in order.
- When the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable has been set, then items in this environment variable are searched in order.
- When the FlexNET windows register key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager] MARINLMD_LICENSE_FILE has been set, then items in this key are searched in order